Wednesday 29 April 2009

Aaa-cchhooo!

I don't like this one bit - Aaa-cchhooo! I hate missing Uni so close to exams (though some might argue that one is more productive that way) so I could sneeze all day into aromatic tissues that I picked up (Aaa-cchhooo!) from a well-timed sale at Paterson. What's the point of having them smell like (Aaa-cchhooo!) peach or apple or vanilla? It's not like I can sme-(Aaa-cchhooo!)-ll anything right now anyway, and it's not very nice to be reminded of temporary disabilities!

In the (Aaa-cchhooo!) midst of the deadly swine flu epidemic, I guess a regular flu is bittersweet at worst but this is the 3-(Aaa-cchhooo!)-rd time in 4 months that (Aaa-cchhooo!) my organism has been humbled by this lyctic bas-(Aaa-cchhooo!)-tard of a Rhinovirus! I used to have an immune system to die for! I almost never (Aaa-cchhooo!) fell sick - maximum a fever a year with a few throat-aches, usually (Aaa-cchhooo!) associated with the over-consumption of Coca-Cola or Baskin-Robbins' cookie dough (Aaa-cchhooo!) ice-cream. (They don't kid when they say that stuff isn't good for health!) But St. Pete's PMSing (Aaa-cchhooo!) weather conditions, false promises of a warm Spring day and living (Aaa-cchhooo!) next to the Gulf of Finland where the average wind-speed is 4m/sec (that's high, right?) have shattered this iron-curtain of an Indian immune system I used to be so proud of.

The only good thing is that I am (Aaa-cchhooo!) again accepting get-well-soon cards, flowers, chocolates, return-(Aaa-cchhooo!)-tickets to warm places etc. and you know where to find me ;)

Aaa-cchhooo!

No comments: